Intern Spotlight: Taylor S.
1. Would you rather eat a handful of hair or lick three public telephones?
Lick two telephones and eat a pinch of hair
2. What’s your favorite quote?
“A day without laughter is a day wasted.” – Charlie Chaplin
3. If you were stranded on an island with only one food item, what would it be?
4. What are some fun hobbies you like to do in your spare time?
Read, play soccer, plot to take over the world, and watch TV
5. What is your major here at CU and why did you chose that area of focus?
Biochemistry and Sociology because I wanted the mix of hard and social sciences in order to look at health problems from a wider perspective.
6. What is your position in GlobeMed?
I’m Team Leader for the 5K team, which is putting on a fundraising 5K race on April 27th at CU.
7. What makes you so passionate about GlobeMed?
The fact that GlobeMed focuses on a sustainable partnership model which ensures that work is being done to erase health inequities in Nepal, and around the world, with help from undergraduates who want to make a difference now.
8. What are you most excited about for this summer’s GROW internship?
To actually see, in person, the work that I have been fundraising towards for the past two years and get experience in global health inequities and solutions
9. Tell us one secret about yourself.
I would, but then I’d have to kill and/or maim you.